Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Please delete my post if inappropriate

To board/forum friends: I am aware that this board is for support and not about debate between different religious beliefs. But I was a "workaholic" before becoming disabled in 2008, at that point restarting church attendance, the selection guided by only the fact that I have an admired friend there. It was a wonderfully welcoming church, and I imagine that my paranoia contributed to some misunderstanding of sermons, etc. I have changed churches due to the fear that the idea of a punitive God gave me. It still continues to haunt me although my present church does not present this way. Guess I'm having trouple feeling sufficiently worthy. I hope I have not said anything untoward, but fear has considerably increased my depression, and I thought than any thoughts you might have on the matter would be most helpful. I want to believe in a loving God who recognizes what is in our hearts. I hope I did not ramble. I have found so much support in various boards of this forum, but this is a troublesome question that I have not, until today, had the nerve to bring up. Blessings on you all, and several of you who have posted today re living problems are in my prayers. Blessings and Gratitude - billie

Last edited by billie; 08-20-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: corrections
billie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (08-21-2009), Darlene (08-21-2009), DiMarie (09-08-2009), Hockey (08-20-2009), tamiloo (09-12-2009), waves (10-09-2009)

advertisement
Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM #2
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

For many folks the nature of the Creator and their relationship with this Deity is the ultimate existential question. It’s perfectly healthy for you to ponder this: humans have considered these questions since the dawn of time. I’m sure there are folks here who can discuss this topic in a thoughtful, inclusive, inoffensive way that might well prove useful to you. Of course, after your head has thought long and hard, I suspect that, ultimately, you will have to find your personal truth in your heart.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pearl girl (08-31-2009), waves (10-09-2009), who moi (08-20-2009)
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 AM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Smile I know so well what you mean

You want to go to a church where they feed the sheep,not where they beat the sheep.

We are living in the New Covenant,where Grace,and love,are. We are not under the Law of Mosses,if we recieve the free gift of recieving Jesus Christ as Lord,and savior.

We still are to read the old testiment thought. Some people start with the New Testiment,and then read the old testiment.

It's best to go to a church that has a Balance. If it is a balanced church,people are edified,and built up,comforted,and prayed for. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-21-2009), Hockey (08-21-2009), pearl girl (08-31-2009), prairiemary (09-18-2009), waves (10-09-2009)
Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Billie,

As children of the King we are all worthy of his love and grace. To think you are not worthy is satan telling you are not. When we are doughtfull that is satan. Once we ask Jesus into our heart and accept the gift of eternal life we are worthy. Take some time to talk to God and ask him to remove satan from your life he is not worthy.
Spend some time in God's holy word ask him to guide you and you will find peace.
May God Bless You!
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (08-21-2009), pearl girl (08-31-2009)
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 PM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I never thought that there were any score cards or report cards in Church. I am not even sure for me it is the surmon, I may take something from it,,,
But it is the fellowship, and being at home.

I have not changed churches, but since I was a child the Church has changed religions, I guess I have not noticed nor did it matter. The name on the house is still the same, it is God's house, but the just the title of the chapter has changed.

All the family has sung in the choir, married, been dedicated, received personal saviour, and buried....
THe name has changed over the years, but never the love.
I never had to prove worthiness to any one especially myself....

I had God's love

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (09-09-2009), SBOWLING (09-09-2009)