Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Has anyone heard/tried Fludio therapy?

So I see this new doctor (Pain Management) referred by my neurosurgeon. He tells me that I have a cervical strain. He puts me on a new medication cocktail. Tells me that the gabapentin isn’t working for me because I am loopy. So now I am walking into walls, falling asleep at the drop of a hat and slurring my somewhat speech that I have left and having to go thru the withdrawals of the gabinpentin.

I see him a week later and he now puts me back on the gabanpentin. He still doesn’t want to acknowledge that three other doctors have told me I have RSD. I am falling apart in his office when he keeps telling me that I don’t show all the symptoms. Then all of a sudden my hand starts doing its thing. Red, Freezing *** cold, turning blue and blotchy all the way ups my arm and now it hurts like hell.

I’m ready to walk out of the office he knows this and says lets try Fludio Therapy does any one know of this? Or is he just ignorant of RSD

I just need to get to Oct 29 when I have an appt with neurologist

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks for letting me vent
MeShelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I don't have RSD , but I did have a few sessions of fluidotherapy for my RSI.
I didn't care for it at all myself.

I didn't like having to lean into the "box" to get my arms inside of it..
and it didn't do a thing for my arm pain a total waste of time for me and made my neck hurt due to the odd angles & leaning to reach inside.

Little warmed air with particles fly around and hit your skin- if your RSD has hyper sensitive skin ..??? I just don't know how this would really benefit you.

All it did for me was annoy me!

A little about it-

[Fluidotherapy is a therapy often used to relax localized areas for conditions such as arthritis, circulatory disorders and certain sports related injuries. The concept of fluidotherapy is based on a dry heat treatment that uses pulverized organic material such as walnut shells or grain husks. These materials are suspended and circulated in a heated air stream. The organic material of the fluidotherapy radiates heat and generates stimulation and pressure to certain areas of the body. Fluidotherapy is usually used for upper extremities such as the muscle and joint structures of the hand and wrist. When the hand or wrist is immersed, the warm air is forced from the bottom of the machine through particles forming an air-fluidized bed. Fluidotherapy has the ability to attain higher degrees of temperature than other methods of heat application. It is important to have the materials in the machine circulate at the correct temperature, speed and density. This type of therapy also performs a soft tissue massage. Fluidotherapy serves only as a temporary relief of pain. It is not a treatment used on a long term basis. Fluidotherapy increases circulation to an area; therefore it may make tissue more flexible to assist in improving range of motion. ]
more- http://www.ersbiomedical.com/fluidotherapy.htm

the machine looks like this images -
http://www.google.com/images?q=fluid...w=1440&bih=772
Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi I am pretty sure I did fluidtherapy at Cleveland Clinic when I was there. Mine was a machine with sand and I stuck my legs which have rsd in them. There were different speeds but I could only tolerate the low and different temps. It was used to desensitize the nerves. Gradually I was supposed to work on higher temps and stay in it longer. I did not stay at the program because of my pain level. The therapist said though that people with nerve conditions have found it helpful. Sorry I could not offer more.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote