Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Please help me understand this MRII recently had an MRI could you please tell me what

I recently had an MRI could you please tell me what it means, the dr hasn't gotten back to me about the results.

Impression:I have been in pain for years with my back and leg.

extent is 8 mm. This contributes to severe right 13 lateral recess stenosis right subarticular lateral recess stenosis and minimal right 12 foramind stenosis. There is anterior spondylosis.

At the L3-4 disc space, a 2-3 mm far lateral bulge in the annulus is seen bilaterally particularly right sided with an annular fissure. This contributes to bilateral right greater than left subarticular lateral recec change to the facet joints and left ligamentum flavum coAt the 12-3 disc space, which is desiccated and narrowed, there is a 5mm right lateral and proximal foraminal extruded herniation.The rostral-to caudal extent is 8 mm. This contributes to severe right 13 lateral recess stenosis right subarticular lateral recess stenosis and minimal right 12 foraminal stenosis. There is anterior spondylosis.

I4-5 disc space there is a 2 mm central protrusion and diffuse bulge in the annulus along with hypertrophic change to the facet joints and left ligamentum flavum contributing to minimal subarticular and foraminal stenosi

At the 12-3 disc space which is desiccated and narrowed, there is a 5 mm right lateral and proximal foraminal extruded herniation. The rostal-to-caudal

extent is 8 mm. This contributes to severe right 13 lateral recess stenosis right subarticular lateral recess stenosis and minimal right 12 foramind stenosis. There is anterior spondylosis.

Finding:

At the L5-S1 disc space, there is minor degenerative change of the facet joints. There is no central or foraminal stenosis.

At the L4-5 disc space, there is a 2 mm central protusion and diffuse bulge in the annulus along with hypertrophic change to the facet joints and left ligamentum flavum contributing to minimal subarticular and foraminal stenosis.

At the L3-4 disc space, 2-3 mm far lateral annulus is seen bilaterally particularly right sided with an annular fissure.This contributes to bilateral right greater than left subarticular lateral recess stenosis and minimal right L3 foraminal stenosis.

At the L1-2 disc space there is no focal abnormality.

The conus madullaris is normally positioned and there is no intrathecal mass. There is no spondylolisthesis, lysis or compression fracture deformity of the visualized thoracolumbar vertebrae.

The partically visualized sacroilia joints are intact.

Thank you ntributing to minimal subarticular and foraminal stenosisg with hyper
marschner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote