View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Some hope from the UK

Hi all I have been following Ella for a couple of years now and feel she must have helped no end.

I do not suffer but my wife did. She had an MVD almost exactly a year ago, and has been OK since. Understandably she wants nothing more to do with the subject, but I feel as Ella does that more needs to be made available from those for whom the surgery has been a "success".

I say success but it has only been a year. I am hopeful that we will be spared a return to the dark days. It started in 2003 and one by one the meds gave her allergic reactions until the only thing left was MVD. Periods of remission became shorter, so we looked for the best the UK had to offer.

Nik Patel from Frenshays hospital in Bristol was the one. Only 2 minor problems in over 200 MVDs. We had to go private due to the relationship between the Welsh and English NHS systems, but it was worth it, at least so far.

To say she is clear would be too simplistic, but I believe she is. She has a sensitive face due I believe to the recovery of the nerve. No pain, but some 'creepiness' around her eye and sometimes sensitivity above the eye and around the nose. Dental pain is a thing of the past.

I wont be able to be as forthcoming as Ella but I hope this story gives hope.
douglasgblake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jjlsongbird (07-16-2013)