View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A few queries for those who are willing to brain storm with me

Hi everyone,

I have a few slightly strange queries for those who are willing to brain storm (pun intended!) with me;

1. Damaged myelin sheath and 'tingling' in head

QUESTION - Does anyone get the 'tingling' sensation in their head? Especially during physical and cognitive exertion? What do you think it is?

My guess is that it is damaged myelin sheath which causes slowed transmission of signals along these nerve fibers. This would explain the slowed information processing speed and speech difficulties that many of us seem to suffer from.

2. My experience with the Buffalo Protocol

My neurologist recommended I use a physical rehabilitation program similar to the Buffalo Protocol.

I have tried regularly exercising sub-threshold for several months now and am able to exercise at low levels without causing symptoms.

Beyond exercise, going to the bathroom or sex still aggravates symptoms which will persist for approx. 24 hours before subsiding. The next time I go to the bathroom or physically exert myself the symptoms recur.

I suppose it is the dramatic spike in blood pressure and intra-cranial pressure when I go to the bathroom which damages the myelin sheath which is constantly trying to repair itself. This damage causes the 'tingling' and slowed processing.

I do not see how can I expect to recover if my symptoms are aggravated every day by going to the bathroom.

QUESTION - Does anyone think it is worthwhile that I continue my exercise regimen or am I wasting my time?

3. Rest

I am considering quitting my job to get pure rest for as long as it takes. This would also involve a liquid diet to remove the bathroom issue and abstinence from sex.

I know this may be an unconventional and dramatic approach but I cannot see any other way to avoid aggravating my symptoms and let my brain heal.

QUESTION - Am I going too far?

Many thanks

Halfnelson

Last edited by Halfnelson; 07-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote