Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcsmom View Post
Hi! I am new here, so hopefully I am doing this right! I am a type I diabetic on an insulin pump. My most recent HA1C was a 6.1. I was diagnosed with neuropathy about six years ago. I take 600mg. of Lyrica daily, along with tramadol as needed for pain. About a year ago, I started having calf cramping when walking uphill. Now, it has progressed to calf pain if I walk at all, and even when standing sometimes. I have been seen by a vascular surgeon and they ruled out atherosclerosis and are now saying it is probably my neuropathy. It seems like whenever I have an unexplained pain of any kind, doctors are quick to just blame it on the neuropathy! Maybe that is what it is, but I can't live like this! I am only 45 years old and I used to be very active, but now I can't even go on short walks. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like my life back!
I can understand your frustration. Blame the problems on a neuropathy. I was on Lyrica but it did nothing for the pain in my legs. I was switched to Cymbalta and it worked. I also take 2 Aleve at night for pain. I would try the lotionon the legs and see if that doesn't help some with the cramping.
dixiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote