Thread: Restless Legs
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a cure for some of you. Yes, I can say this with confidence because it worked for me for a quarter century or more, after a neuro suggested it.
I could not tolerate Baclofen or Zanaflex at all, so he suggested I get magnesium from the health store, any kind which gave the least diarrhea. 800 mg. at first. (Calcium is also needed but I was already taking it). Now it's 1000 mg a day in divided doses. As I have "progressed", I have needed more help, and E Complex and B1 have been added. Occasionally now I have breakthrough neuro symptoms in back and legs.

I too am not calling my problem Restless Legs. I think it should be called Myoclonus. It affects not only the legs but even more prominently the low back, which will jerk spasmodically if I don't take the magnesium. This is mostly at night. It only on very rare occasions occurs when I am awake and sitting up. It seems to get going when one relaxes. The whole leg up through the buttock will jerk. Also, if I didn't take the supplement, the feet would contort into very painful spasm, so it helps both of those.

It didn't cure me, I lied. But it stopped most of this for over 25 years. Whether that will continue I cannot say. Thanks to the neuro who knew about it. I forget his last name, his first name was James, at Scripps hospital years ago.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-15-2013), Kitty (07-16-2013), SallyC (07-15-2013)