View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you kindly for the well wishes Bryanna,

Actually the endodontist thought he might be able to save the tooth, that's what there trained to do I suppose.
Well I'm back from seeing my oral surgeon for a quick visit, nice guy. The site of the extraction is healing well.
Again I addressed my concern whether or not the extraction and the course of amoxcillian (which I just finished) would be enough to
wipe the infection that had made its way into my jaw. He said 99% of the time the extraction is enough to cause total healing. He compared it to
removing a splinter in a finger.
I asked if I could have another x-ray to help reassure myself, but he said a xray would not show enough changes so soon, and that a xray might be a good idea 3 months down the road.

Now I will start taking the Keflex as prescribed. I'm wondering if I should ask my regular Dr if he can write me a percription for Clindamycin or perhaps Penicillin
to take along side with the Keflex as a added precaution. I've read that Clindamycin is good with bone penetration.
Keflex seems kinda light weight considering the size of the abscess and its spreading to the jawline.

Is there anyway to confirm the infection is truly gone rather then waiting 3 months to have a xray?
Thanks for all your help. Hope to start a thread about emerging technologies on the fight against dental caries.

Best wishes

Jay
youngatart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-18-2013)