View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default IMO, it's up to you.

If your symptoms aren't worsening at an alarming rate, I don't see the harm in sticking it out with the podiatrist at least until current business (tests, medication trials, etc.) is concluded.

My first choice would be a neurologist whose practice is devoted solely to PN, but I don't see any reason why a podiatrist (or podiatry practice) couldn't do the same. I think what matters is the results & doctor/patient relationship.

Quote:
This podiatrist seems caring and fairly knowledgeable but I find no reference to her having special expertise or experience with PN....
Ask her; it's a reasonable question, and of a neurologist as well (if/when you decide to see one).

The door is/will always be open to either switching to a neurologist, or adding one to your team.

Doc

PS FWIW, I wound up consulting both specialties, and still came out idiopathic. Like a lot of folks here, I wound up having to be my own detective (which I'd done before with other issues).

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 07-15-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: PS
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (07-16-2013), ginnie (07-16-2013)