View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormaW View Post
I am at somewhat the same stage you are right now. Trying to figure what to do about my life.

I have seriously thought about moving to a small town and slowing my life down. The cost of living in a small town is a lot less than a bigger town and I find I don't do much and therefore do not have to spend much money.

I have not worked in the last 18 months and do not plan on starting until I have my symptoms under control. Also with the Post traumatic vision syndrome, if you cut out employment that includes computers and reading it can be a challenge.

I bet there are a lot of people out there that would like to reinvent themselves and we have that opportunity. I know it is scary especially if you are by yourself.

One of the hardest aspects of this conditions is the isolation and being single more so....

Cutting down on stress and anxiety is also really important. I recently sold my car and tent trailer. I could not afford them, they were too hard to maintain in my condition and I don't know when or if I can drive again or go camping.

It was very liberating to get rid of these two headaches and I am now trying to de clutter the house in possible expectation of having to sell my house.

I feel you pain, but try to take things one at a time and not to get overwhelmed, maybe you can think of a temporary change to see how you like it.

God Bless.

Norma
I know about the loneliness. I am alone all day and have company at night when my girlfriend comes home but how much can 2 people say to each other. I miss the interaction at work, and going out wth my friends. they deserted me when I got sick and it was so heartbreaking. I feel so alone and frightened, I thought I was a tough guy when I was younger because I could fight, but I didn't know what fear was until I got this.

Know that I think about everyone in this board at least a little throughout the day so you are not alone. always feel free to email me if it gets overwhelming. I am also broke, went from a hundred grand a year to 24k a year and nothing in bank at 45!!! I am scared for the future too!! but I guess I have to chill out and just hope to keel healing. hanks foryour honesty and input.
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote