View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi1 View Post
Hello, I have had RSD when I was younger for 5 years and than in remission completely with no pain, medication or treatment for 8 years until a car accident caused it to come back again. Treatment has changes a bit.since I was younger and sympathetic blocks never really gave relief for me. So, I'm worried that 1.it wont work at all or it will only partial relief of pain or full relief for only an hour.or two. 2. If no relief the dr will say its in my head because the block went good. I'm soooo worried about it not working because it never worked well before and my dr is telling.me if these don't go well its a SCS. Just need to vent and get reassurance. My leg from knee down is twice as big as otber one, 10 degrees colder and major color changes along with other typical things. I haven't walked in a month now. I want this to work, but am trying to be realistic to what may happen if it doesn't. Sorry for the pity party. how have other responded to their lumbar sympathetic blocks?
Hi Mandi, I also have RSD. I am unable to have a block done because of a blood clotting disorder I have, I also have quite a battle with MRSA. The doctors are afraid of the blocks because of that. They are telling me that there is another method besides the blocks. I am told that they can do some type of IV infusion treatment of ketamine. I was unable to go this either because they were afraid the port would cause a MRSA infection because I am so active with MRSA. But this would be my first choice because I am scared to death to have something stuck in my spine.

The doctors did however order a special lotion for me. It is formulated with different medications from your doctor and then made in a special pharmacy lab. I have 5 different medications in mine. It has Ketamine, lidocane and 3 other medications in it. If you are afraid of the blocks maybe you can do these treatments. Just a suggestion, Good luck!
anonymous728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote