View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Thankyou to everyone who has posted in this thread.

My experience so far in coming off of lyrica has been somewhat traumatic also. These past two weeks have quite probably been the worst period of my life so far. And from what i'm reading here i could still be in for a couple more bad weeks yet. I've been through almost evry single one of the symptoms mentioned in this thread and a few more to boot. It doesn't seem to be getting any better for today, but every day i'm hopeful for feeling even just a tiny bit better than the day before. This is the most difficult thing i have ever had to do. I will never take addictive medicines again, i think i'd rather just give up then knowingly put myself through this again.

I spent 18 months on 600 mg daily of lyrica. I thouht it was great when i first started taking it. I thought my pain prayers had been answered. Boy, was i wrong.

The pain management i got from the drug started to come second after trying to avoid the onset of withdrawall only 24 hours after the last dose! That should have been my sign to stop taking it. But i didn't. And now i've just lived through the worst two week period of my life and it's looking like it could go on for weeks or even months more.

I've never been made to feel so worthless, so pathetic and so insignificant by anything in my life like i have felt these last two weeks. I feel like the world is going to end and it is all my fault. I understand that this is the withdrawall, and i have a. Very loving and supportive family who are taking fantastic care of me, but i still feel terrible almost every minute of the day. I am not in danger of suicide, i just wanted to convey the depth of depression and anxiety that i am dipping to daily at the moment. I truelly hope this does not become a permenant thing in my life, though i am prepared to stick it out a while longer if it means it will go away. For the last two weeks i have been unable to go to work, unable to function in any coherant or productive capacity and unable to eat or sleep. I am forcing fruit and water into my self as often as i can, but sometimes it's like my throat is shrunk and the food wont go down.

Some things that have helped me are - sunshine and vitamin D, staying hydrated; force a mouthfull of water as often as you think to. Carry a bottle with you. Stay away from alcohol and coffee. Chamomile tea is good, showering twice a day to help feel fresh. Change the bed sheets. Get someone to wash your hair for you. Buy yourself a new toy to play with to help distract. Youtube videos. my kids and our dogs. My beautiful wife. Crying helps too, dont fight the tears, let them come. Try to roll with the punches; if you need a day off, take it. If you can't then tell someone how you feel and lean on them when you need to.

Go to your doctor every week or two and keep them informed of how you're feeling. I'm even seeing a psychologist every week for the next few weeks. I feel it's important for my wife to not have to carry me all by herself and professional advice is very soothing.

Thats it from me for this afternoon. Thankyou all again for sharing your experiences with me to help make my experience a little easier.

Much love and respect.
Schmackos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote