View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi everyone

Not sure how I feel on this but I got my letter from the SCS surgeon today. He's asked the pain nurse and doc to let him know if there's a reason I can't go immediately onto the list for a trial, so that suggests it's going to be quicker as long as my pain doc doesn't muck things up like usual.

However, in the letter he is very clear that he thinks I don't have CRPS so I am back to square one on the diagnosis front. Maybe it doesn't matter what the name of what I have is as long as I'm getting what I need but I identify with others through knowing what I have and feel very much like I'm just going back to "her with the backache" that everyone can downplay. "Oh I get backache, take two ibuprofen and that'll fix you" and all that. Why are pain docs so against diagnosing someone properly? All these courses I've been doing telling me that hunting for a diagnosis or cure will make me worse, all very well but when even the docs can't agree what's up with you how are you meant to stop worrying?

Oh well, SCS here we come. At least I don't have to worry about the risk of spread if it's literally laughable that I was diagnosed with CRPS. All eggs in the one basket now as I won't have a chance to go to Bath now if it's not CRPS and I'll be beggared if I'm going to go through the last 5 years all over again. It'd be interesting to know what the pain clinic actually DO as so far they've done nothing for me but wasted my time and in doing so lost me my job.
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote