View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetrymom View Post
Hello there

One thing I would be really careful about is a liquid diet. Can you add some foods like prunes or raisins to help if you have a really hard stool? Grapes are good too.

Our injured brains need protein and good fruits and vegetables to heal. I don't know what kind of diet you have in mind, but I would really be against those cleansing diets.

As for your job, can you take a leave of absence? I had to leave mine but can and will return in the fall. See what you might work out with your employeer before you quit outright.

I did need to leave my job though to get better and so you will have to gauge for yourself what you need to do in order to heal.

Take care,

pm
Thanks for the reply Poetrymom.

It is not a cleansing diet per se but more a way to avoid going to the bathroom too frequently. This should reduce all the blood pressure spikes which my brain seems to really hate.

I can drink whey for a good source of protein with plenty of BCAAs.

This will certainly not be a permanent solution but perhaps something that will allow my brain a few days or weeks without having to endure any rises in blood pressure.

I can take 4 weeks leave from work but probably no more as they would eventually need to replace me.

If I notice that I am improving during my 4 weeks of leave but feel I am not ready to return to work then I may need to quit for the time being. I would be willing to make that sacrifice if it promotes my recovery.
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote