View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojos View Post
To summarise quickly I have had symptoms for 3 years. I have been taking Mestinon for the last 18 months and it has improved my symptoms. All the tests I have had are normal. The neuros believe I don't have MG because my weakness is described as" collapsing or giving way" has anybody had the same experience with neuros please?
Hello Australia Speaking only generally, and certainly not for any individual, during a neurological examination, it can mean that the patient is embellishing their weakness. This doesn't mean it's not there.

Sometimes, in pure frustration, a patient may be doing really well when they hit the neuro's office, and so, they try to duplicate the weaknesses. A patient may not realize they are doing that. When a neuro asks us to apply pressure with, say, our leg against his hand, h/she is watching the response of other muscles, and more often than not, the patient doesn't realize this.
You are not alone. This goes on, all...the...time. It's normal.

Trying to do your very best--make every effort at the examination--is the best route to diagnosis.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote