View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good food for thought, Doc. It had occurred to me that I could end up with someone else who doesn't take it as seriously as she seems to be. But it did bother me that she formed an opinion on my first visit that it will be idiopathic. Maybe because I have no other obvious symptoms. You're right though, I can always see someone else in the future if necessary. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
If your symptoms aren't worsening at an alarming rate, I don't see the harm in sticking it out with the podiatrist at least until current business (tests, medication trials, etc.) is concluded.

My first choice would be a neurologist whose practice is devoted solely to PN, but I don't see any reason why a podiatrist (or podiatry practice) couldn't do the same. I think what matters is the results & doctor/patient relationship.

Ask her; it's a reasonable question, and of a neurologist as well (if/when you decide to see one).

The door is/will always be open to either switching to a neurologist, or adding one to your team.

Doc

PS FWIW, I wound up consulting both specialties, and still came out idiopathic. Like a lot of folks here, I wound up having to be my own detective (which I'd done before with other issues).
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (07-16-2013)