View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
You don't have any hand or arm symptoms with this?
Any previous whiplash type injuries, desk job, any previous RSI's?
How is your upper body posture?
head/shoulders forward of the body? rounded or hunched?

These factors may point to TOS - thoracic outlet syndrome.

I suppose the xrays/MRI would have shown if a extra cervical rib was present..but sometimes they are missed..
For more TOS info here is our forum for it-

Some of the therapies we post about may be helpful even if you don't have TOS.

Check out the trigger point sticky thread, if no one has mentioned trigger points to you during your appts/therapies.
I appreciate the feedback.

I will feel a sensation, like an "ache", down the back of my arm and into my hand. This only happens though when things are "BAD". Today. .. it's there.

There's no previous injuries that I can attribute to a reasonable amount of time before these issues started.

I've had a desk job for 15 years. (IT) But I've spent less time at my desk than I used to 7 years ago. My posture is not great, never has been. . and I'm aware of that. During my first physical therapy sessions, we worked on exercises to improve it and it's better today, but doesn't seem to have had a positive effect.

I reached a point for a while where I had "given up" on the cause and just decided to "do what I need to do" to be productive and take care of my girls. I spent a crazy amount of time going to appts for tests, therapy, imaging and was constantly being told. . "Not sure what's going on".

With this new Dr. and his philosophy on this being a pain management issue, my desire for answers has been renewed.

I'm thinking that I need to have a new conversation with my new Dr. Maybe go and get a copy of the MRI from 2 years ago and ask him to start from scratch.

I'll look through the TOS info. . . I really appreciate it!
MacW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote