View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Mark,

Oral ozone injections are very controversial, but I have seen cases (those that did not involve infection) where they have helped somewhat. In your case, it sounds like the ozone and/or the pressure from the injection may have actually aggravated the infection in the jawbone that was picked up on the xray as a dark/black area at the root of the tooth. Re-treating the tooth with that second root canal unfortunately did nothing to eliminate the original or the secondary problem because as you mentioned, infection will still remain in the dentin tubules (the microscopic canals inside the tooth).

Your intuition about removing the tooth and having that area of bone surgically debrided may be your best option. However, it is not in your best interest to wait too long because the bacteria can be difficult to remove as it proliferates deeper into the jawbone.

I hope this info is helpful to you.... please keep us posted on the outcome.

Bryanna
Bryanna,

Why are the ozone injections so controversial? What are your thoughts on them, if you don't mind sharing. I had an ozone injection after my extraction and I often wondered if that was a good idea or not due to all the issues I have had after this extraction.
mommy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote