View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default re IVIG and insurance

Jennifer

keep pushing your doc to get insurance approval for IVIG

benefits far outweigh the risks

concur with glenn that insurance cos are NOT in the business of saying "yes" esp to expensive therapies like IVIG...they prefer to play the 3D game...deny, delay, and defend why they deny and delay

unfortunately, IVIG is FDA approved for only 5-6 indications, even tho I agree with Glenn that IVIG antibodies could be very helpful in many "other" autoimmune disorders that unfortunately have never been thru the expensive clinical trial approval process demanded by the FDA

I was fortunate (in a sense) to have been dxd with cidp which IS an FDA approved indication for IVIG (but only since 2008)....my neuro got IVIG approved for me quickly... I had been on it for 14 months and it has "worked" for me so far....I have primary demyelination and secondary axon loss per my EMG....my condition has improved....IVIG has "rebooted" my immune system and I am no longer in the "active" phase...my last infusion was 9 weeks ago...I'm knocking on wood as I type this that I do not relapse

wish you all the best of luck if your physician can get IVIG approved for your condition whether FDA approved or not...so don't give up

Last edited by 029anser; 07-16-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: additional info
029anser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-16-2013)