View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Jenng

You are doing the best thing you can do, getting that second opinion. Sometimes a third is called for too. Don't consent to surgery unless all other measures have been tried OK? Not necessarily steriods, but PT, etc. I am not all that fond of cortisone injections. Never did a thing for me and just made the pain worse. I am fused C3-7/ Can help decifer MRI if you need to. I have some experience and am good at research. I sure hope it all goes well for you. I want you also to know surgery can work. My second fusion was successful. There are also some questions you need to ask the surgeon if you go that route. First being the condition of the onces above the trouble spot, and below the surgical site. There is something called the domino effect, were the verterbre fail in time, leading to more surgery. They need to be strong to support the hardware. Let me know if you have any quesitons. I will help you all I can. There is where I came a few years ago seeking help too. Take care of yourself. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenng (07-17-2013)