View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default multiple neurological diagnosis

Hello, I am new to this forum, I have been on the Neuropathy forum for some time.
I am a 64 year old woman that has had multiple neurological problems over the last 2 years. It put me out of work
The reason I came here today, is that my neurologist told me yesterday, that the symptoms I am having is likely seizures.
My problems first started with Cerebral Aneurysm. Small CVA.( stent related)
TIA, Left Brachial Neuritis, History of Cervical disc bulging of C6-C7,with radiculopathy, Small vessel Vasculitis, Sensory motor Polyneuropathy, Small Fiber Neuropathy and Autonomic Neuropathy.
I have had numerous tests and procedures and seen multiple doctors.
I have a couple of good doctors, the above mentioned neurologist included.
I just now thought I had everything in order, diagnosis, treatment plan medications etc. I am on Lyrica and Amitriptyline for the relentless pain all over from neuropathy.
I am on Methatrexate for the vasculitis. Also on bloodthinners for strokeprevention.
This is the problem regarding seizure: For months now, I have had some strange episodes at night. But I thought all the time it was related to the vasculitis and the neuropathy.
I will suddenly wake up at night with a strange feeling of intense warmt spreding out over my body. Sometimes it can be only one side. I feel almost as I am pinned down to the bed, but I can move all my extremeties, and I have no tremors. I can feel a strange vibratory noyse inside, and I can actually hear it in my head. The vibration goes very fast, like a drilling machine, then the vibration stopps momentarily ( about 1/2 - 1 second) and then continues until it stoppes for a second again. This is only felt and heard. No tremors seen.
These episodes usually last about 1 hour or so. Because I do have the neuropathy with diffused burning all over, I had thought it was related to that, and I kept saying to my doctors, that I think I have something systemic and suggested spinal tap. I never had any fever. Doctors keps saying no.

So no, I had never thought that I had seizures, and dread having to deal with this too, and having to research it.
The doctor said he will do an EEG.
Does this sound like a sizure?
Thankful for any guidance
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wishuloveb (07-18-2013)