View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ginnie, do you mean the actual picture? I will have to learn to do that!

The written report does show that I have degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge.

It is at L5-S1 where I have bilateral pars defects with grade 1 anterolisthesis. (found out grade 1 is the least.) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.

I have had lumbar back pain/spasms on and off since age 21. Honestly, the pain hasn't been an issue. I have pretty high pain tolerance and have never taken anything for it other than muscle relaxants and motrin when it flares. It is the neurological symptoms that seem to really throw me for a loop--numbness, burning, pins and needles, now weakness. I can't move my last 2 toes on my left foot. I have muscle wasting in that foot on the outside as well. Very tight hamstrings both sides, but left greater than right.

And, to top it off, now I don't know if my back is causing this, or some idiopathic PN.

Thanks for your help, I need all I can get.

I will post this on the spine forum as well.
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote