Thread: hi guys
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry that you are going through this - how are you feeling today?

Is he basing his findings on a lack of a positive MG test? Did he discount it because you have been thoroughly tested and not produced a positive DESPITE having clear symptoms? Surely they would not have tested you so thoroughly if you were not exhibiting definite MG symptoms??

Would it be worth writing to Angela Vincent herself? Maybe explain your story and see what advice she may be able to give? You could be an ideal candidate for her research as you have clearly had many Doctors suspect MG but just unable to prove it? This is my Plan B if all else fails!

Is your GP willing to refer for a second opinion? How do we stand on out of country referrals? I sometimes think the UK doctors are too regimented and reliant on tests which even they acknowledge - are not 100% specific or sensitive! The Mayo Clinic in America seems to be mentioned a lot on here?

I hope you're doing ok today, I know it's easy to say but don't give up - we are all behind you and you deserve to have the help you need to live your life.

Good luck and thinking of you.
Eve.x
Unsure81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (07-19-2013)