View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Overwhelmed- re-treat root canal, implant, or partial denture

I had a second opinion today with an endodontist about two lower front teeth that had root canals over 20 years ago. They have become infected again and I don't know what to do. My lower front teeth have always been weak due an injury when I was a toddler. I fell on top of a TV set and lost my lower teeth and went through a series of penicillin shots daily for one month. I am now 51 and don't want to keep treating these two teeth that are so weak. I have a lot of bone loss and from reading other posts it seems like the infection will never completely go away. The endodontist thinks she can re-treat the root canals but was hesitant because of my bite. She feels that braces will help that and put less stress on the teeth ( she thinks I grind my teeth). If my teeth are already weak, won't braces put more stress on them? I had braces when I was a teenager and don't want to go there again. The endodontist also thought that crowns would be needed if I decide to have the root canals re-treated. Implants were also suggested as another option but again I question whether my bone loss and overall weakness will support implants. At what point should I consider a partial for my lower front teeth??? Please help with any suggestions/ info. before I go back to my general dentist for a 3rd consultation and another $150.00 on top of the $300.00 I spent already. Thanks.
Tensailswim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-21-2013)