View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So I've been working on clinical drug trials for the past two years and I find that article right on point. I'm part of a group that has been looking at treating kids with ADHD and conduct problems, so no where near cancer, but we still had a double blind, placebo controlled study that went into all the minutia the article you posted mentioned. Love looking into things like that.

I think your point missj about how dmds are good because they it should (in theory) cause a more mild disease course is dead on. That's why we are almost all on them anyway, right? We really have no way of knowing whether they are working, since it isn't possible to attribute lack of symptoms/no addition lesions/etc back the meds since just because they are correlated doesn't mean that they caused anything to happen But we think that they do, and even though the side effects and needles can be a pain, better safe than sorry.

And I agree with you in terms of support - very rarely do I need or want people to feel sorry for me, but it helps me more to feel educated about what I am going through and appreciate people who help me further that!
bowdowntobri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-17-2013), GladysD (07-19-2013), missj (07-21-2013), SallyC (07-18-2013), Sparky10 (07-18-2013)