Thread: RSD spreading??
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would echo what Kevin said. Unfortunately, it does sound like it’s spreading. I believe there is a super fine line between doing and doing too much. Of course you want to try and keep moving as much as you can, but when it becomes painful, physical therapist will tell you to stop. They will tell you in PT if it hurts, don’t do it. I learned this in a recent six week round of PT, and that there are exercises that you can do, but they’re probably not the ones you’ve done most of your life. For me the exercises involved colored bands that were to be used as resistance. I did WALK on a treadmill, but not at any crazy pace since mine began and is worse in my legs/feet. I actually needed something that resembled flight gear to suspend me over the treadmill until they were sure I could do it and not fall, and frankly I wasn’t altogether sure of what my body could do either.

Anyway, I’m so sorry to hear that perhaps spread will be an issue for you. Is there anything to stop it? Um, I do not know of anything, and yet I have not ever tried Ketamine either so not sure if that will help or not. Fmicheal, and others who posts on this forum, have tried or are trying something called Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation the link is here, but I must warn you it is a post (discussion) with many pages, but perhaps it might help? I’m honestly not sure if t.D.C.S. helps with reducing spread or not.

I truly believe that everyone who has this disease experiences it with slight differences and variations, and yet there are a common threads so to speak.

I hope things will settle down for you at night soon. I am more symptomatic at night than any other time of the day. If I get symptoms right out of the gate first thing in the morning, yeah, it will make for a hellashish night for sure.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote