View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I’ll be your new neighbor on the islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
So I'd be interested in your theories please

Was it the holiday vibe, relaxation, not stressing at home etc?
Was it the pleasantly mild temperature and cool sea-breeze?
Was it the lack of cars, wi-fi, computers, etc?
Was it the combination of all these things?!
How do I find it again?

I'm just finding the differences bizarre right now. A small improvement from a lovely calm holiday I was hoping for, but that was....fantastically weird. Needless to say, I didn't want to leave, and I want to live there!

Bram.
Oh Bram, you crack me up! Yes, I am too trying to learn the Art of Zen without having to be on vacation to get there. The day to day grind of still working, raising children, relationships, all things CRPS AND I’m to keep my stress levels and emotions in check at all times? You bet, no problem (not).

So yes, a well-deserved break from reality is what we all need and those of us with this damn condition need it more than most. I am happy for you that you were able to escape and enjoy! And who’s to say that it will be your last as a family? Perhaps something wildly crazy will happen that it is the first of many. Until then maybe you will be able to recreate something that will allow you to exhale in a similar way. My husband and I have been lucky enough to run off to the ocean several times, with and without the children. Living in Denver we’re pretty landlocked. But I get the same feeling of being in front of an ocean as I do when at the foot of one of the largest mountain ranges on earth. It helps me know my place in the universe. How very small I really am, and how surely there is something bigger and greater in the universe than me, you, or anyone else. I am fortunate to live in an area that an escape is only about an hour away. And every single time I am able to escape to the mountains or to the beach I do the same thing… exhale!

I read something recently (I can’t remember where) that stated that those who are in chronic pain who expose themselves to nature, that it helps in reducing their pain levels. When we’ve had too much of everyday life, me or my husband will say; let’s get to the mountains and hug a tree Even if I can’t get out and walk much, just to see the hues of green, and mountain ranges sets my soul free, and in return my pain levels are usually greatly reduced. I also always get inspired to do something creative.

Anyway, all this to say maybe you just enjoyed a much needed break and were able to exhale and consequently reduced your pain. However, if there is some other explanation, one which is proven that Scilly holds a cure for CRPS that I can sell to my husband, I’ll be your new neighbor on the islands.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (07-18-2013)