View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default New & Desperate

Fentanyl 25mcg, cancer survivor:
2 nights ago, my constipation sent me to the ER. The enema given, and shot did finally work, but the Dr said the CT showed severe constipation all the way up over and low in my intestinal track. I'm a longterm mets tonsil cancer survivor with a fibrosed stricture in my esophagus, so my food intake in extremely limited. I'm on 25mcg of fentanyl and it's been my only relief in absurd thoracic pain which Emory neurology is trying to figure out why- myelitis or neuropathy moved to spine. Either way, not being able to swallow anything other than liquid pain meds, my Dr felt fentanyl was the only choice. I'm afraid. I've lost over 10lbs because I know the liquid food is going to harden and I dreaded the fleet- Phillips thing every 4th day. Now, having that stop working has simply broken my spirit. What can I do to jump start myself? I have a bottle of magnesium citrate I'll start this afternoon if I have too. I took 30ml of lactulose and 30ml of Phillips last night- it's not worked this morning. I'm 5'6- 112lbs, unhealthy & tired. I think I'm depressed- I know I'm sad. I hope something helps & would appreciate suggestions. The cramping is horrible & I'm starving (juice & 2 activia yogurts a day). I just need to know this too will pass.
Ali-helpme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote