View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just read this thread 'cover to cover'. I am new to this group, and frankly scared to death to have surgery. My doc is Dr. Kaelin here in FL. He seems very knowledgable. Takes a lot of time to explain the procedure. My symptoms started 3 years ago, r side. After having every test (told several times it was all in my head) and having the group at Shands say I needed ulnar nerve surgery (pt guys said it was TOS), I finally have the right diagnosis and cause. Please forgive my 'dumbing' down of the exact names (I can't remember which is what).
Mine is caused by a defect I was born with. There is a 2-3" bone that grew off of C7 that is over an inch in height causing the issue. I asked about the L side and I have same there BUT, b/c I have broken my L collarbone 4 times (horses), the bone bows out and there is no compression. Doc needs to go in and cut bone out Here is my stupid ???: What about breaking right collarbone and resetting so it does not cause compression? I am not in the medical field, so a lot of this is Greek to me.
It sounds like a lot of you have good experience with the surgery, I just want to know what to expect. I am scheduled for Sept. thoughts? Thank you in advance for being kind to this newbie
ColoredHares is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote