View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 05:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Synnove,

Just like you I started having migraine headaches which in turn lead to sz. for me. Lyrica is a sz. med and it should help you but I have found that some sz. meds have not worked for me and that's why I requested a DNA test to be done so the Dr. could find the right kind of sz. med for me with the least side effect.
You should have an e.e.g. done and since you may have sleep apnea ask the Dr. to do a sleep deprived e.e.g. this is when a person has to stay away for most of the night and then have the e.e.g. done often sleepiness will trigger a sz. along with stress these are the 2 main things that can cause sz. and often hormones changing can cause sz. for some people.
The moment you get any signs of a sz. try and tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists for a few seconds this can often stop a sz. I learned about yrs. ago from the neuro I had at the time and it has worked great. Besides having an e.e.g. done ask the Dr. to do an MRI on you and this should show any activity going on. Don't back down on the Dr. and tell them you want a sleep study done a.s.a.p. you have the right to have that done with no excuses from your Dr. I have had epilepsy for 41 yrs. and had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz. and I'm very pleased. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (07-19-2013)