View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Recently entered the SPMS Group

Only needed treatment for flares for the three years between my dx and now. I haven't had a flare in over 5 years, but my symptoms stay and have gradually worsened. In looking back I realize I had MS since my teen years and am 52 now so my doc says I'm SPMS.

So far I'm doing all right. My biggest problem is the destruction of my memory which caused me to leave my job in 2011. Without the stress of working, I'm a lot better, but my secretarial skills are badly compromised. I've tried to go back to work in the Administrative field, but three agencies have dropped me after I failed miserably in the skills tests.

Now I am trying to find some sort of work I can do, and still make a decent living; i.e., not working at McDonald's or Starbucks. I've actually applied for cashiering, server, and even baker's helpers, but never made it to the interview stage. I'm wondering, have any of you found a second career after MS caused a severe impediment to doing your usual work? I am at a loss as to how I can use my remaining knowledge to make a living. SSDI denied me benefits and I don't have the money to start a business.

Appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-19-2013)