View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default multiple neurological disorder

Hello Sue
Thank you for your reply and good suggestions. Are your seizures under control now? I hope so.
Re. MRI, I have had so many MRI of the brain ib the last couple of years, that I can not even count them, at least 5 or 6. This is due to , as I said, I had the aneurysm, then I had CVA and TIA symptoms. The first MRI I had, showed some demyelinating lesions that was in a pattern suggestive of MS. So they kept on rechecking every 6 months for new lesions, but they were stable, so I think they have ruled out MS. But there is also some vascular malformation near the Medulla. I never had this explained. All I know is that I was having head aches and 3 times vertigo with ceiling and floor spinning. Then I had visual scotoma in my visual field 3 times, very scary. The neurologist and opthomologist said it was Migrane Aura.

Back in October last year I saw one neurologist, and he said he could not help me , due to the constant vibration and electrical current feeling inside trunk and down spine, I asked for EEG. The result stated:" abnormal EEG due to presence of phase reversal in the mid central region" I asked the doctor what it ment, he said an other doctor who he sent me to, coul deal with it. The next neurologist, said it was nothing.
But now, these night episodes are different. I do not know what the MRI could show. This specialty neurologist that I have seen the last few months, was saying something regarding "Cerebral Palsy". This was due to the fact that I have had some lack of musle developement in right leg ( due to cogential clubfoot, which was repaired as child) I did not understand, because my whole life I have lived a normal life, and has never been told this before. But then again, I never saw a neurologist.
I will try to get those tests done. You see, I am on that Lyrica to treat severe polyneuropathy.
Usually my headaches are like what they call "Ice Pick headaches", but sometimes they are constant. Like today, I have constant headache on all of left side of face and head. Tylenol does not touch it.
Perhaps, as you said, theese stange episodes, could be due to some sort of vascular problems in the brain, and added to the fact that there is autonomic nervous system deficiency.
Thank you for explaining how this work,
I hope I do not have a seizure disorder.
I also hope everything the best for you. It sounds like you have learned well how to live with it and it well controlled.

Synnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote