View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoredHares View Post
I just read this thread 'cover to cover'. I am new to this group, and frankly scared to death to have surgery. My doc is Dr. Kaelin here in FL. He seems very knowledgable. Takes a lot of time to explain the procedure. My symptoms started 3 years ago, r side. After having every test (told several times it was all in my head) and having the group at Shands say I needed ulnar nerve surgery (pt guys said it was TOS), I finally have the right diagnosis and cause. Please forgive my 'dumbing' down of the exact names (I can't remember which is what).
Mine is caused by a defect I was born with. There is a 2-3" bone that grew off of C7 that is over an inch in height causing the issue. I asked about the L side and I have same there BUT, b/c I have broken my L collarbone 4 times (horses), the bone bows out and there is no compression. Doc needs to go in and cut bone out Here is my stupid ???: What about breaking right collarbone and resetting so it does not cause compression? I am not in the medical field, so a lot of this is Greek to me.
It sounds like a lot of you have good experience with the surgery, I just want to know what to expect. I am scheduled for Sept. thoughts? Thank you in advance for being kind to this newbie
Hi! I promise to get back to you soon, just got out of surgery less than a day ago. Dont worry too much, talk soon

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olecyn (07-19-2013)