View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just got home an am thankful for good home air conditioning. At work they had a hard time keeping up with the heat and the last 2 days I was unable to park in the shade. Yesterday I got into my car and it was 135 degrees inside, it took almost the whole 45 minute commute to cool it down. My breathing has been awful as well as chewing and swallowing.

I do have a bit of good news though, there is a parking garage at work that is always full early in the day and the underground level that is closest to my office tends to be cool even in the summer. My boss knowing what's going on with my MG has arranged for a permanent reserved parking slot in the lower level. While I have a handicapped parking placard, there are never any of the 3 slots available in the garage, they fill up early, so the only handicapped slots are out in the open with no shade at all.

Parking is terrible there and without a placard I would have a quarter mile hike in this heat.

I had no idea that heat affected MG this much until the last few weeks. The heat index in southern NH today was 104.

Joe
joefnh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-19-2013)