View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Synnove,

It sounds like you and I have a little in common, the both of us have our Drs. stumped as to what is going on. If I may ask did you have the fMRI done? (functional MRI) and I would request a PET and SPECT scan to be done. I have family that had MS and that can trigger sz. depending on the form of MS and so can cerebal palsy. I am also wondering if the aneurysm you had causing a lot of your medical problems including lesions in the brain that could be triggering sz,
If I were in your place I would see a different neuro or as I mentioned see a Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center which are at big hospitals or university hospitals Epileptologist deal with epilepsy and many other neurology disorders.
There will be times when I get dizzy right before a sz. happens but I haven't had vertigo problems. I do have bi lateral lesions on each side of my brain and I will often see colors of the rainbow right before a complex partial sz. this showed my neuro that some of my sz. were coming from the optical lobe of my brain which is in the back of my head. Since my surgery my sz. have been reduced greatly from 300 a yr. to the lowest which was 68 sz. last yr. I had 114 sz. but many of them were aura sz. I can live with that many sz. and I seldom have 20 sz. a month like I used to unless I'm sick with a cold or virus. My Dr. has also found out that I have "seasonal sz." meaning that in the fall and winter I have more sz. because there's less serotonin out there where in the spring and summer there's more serotonin and that helps reduce my sz. Just keep track of how you feel and write down when you get the headaches along with any possible sz. If you are at an age where your hormones are changing in life this can sometime increase or decrease the neurology problems it all depends on the person and their body chemistry. I have fewer sz. now than I did in my 20's. Also if you use a cell phone this could be causing the headaches and the neuropathy problems I found this out when I had my last e.e.g. done and my Dr. was using a cell phone on purpose at certain times during the e.e.g. but I didn't know it and each time the cell phone was being used I had a sz. all of this happened because of the frequency of the cell phone and my Dr. found out I was sensitive to that frequency take note if you are using a cell phone or others around you are using their phone even if they are texting this could be some of the problem. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (07-19-2013)