View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sue

the neurologist I am seeing is in consultation. He is at a Neuropathy center School of Medicine at a University Hospital. It is a long drive there. He is a consultant, and I get the feeling, he is only diagnosing, then tells me, then documents in his notes" she was advised".

so I guess it is up to my local neurologist. I got some notes faxed to him to day. He is going out on vacation for 3 weeks, but after reading the note, he left me a script for EEG. I need to speak to my pulmonologist, to order a sleep study. I called my Primary Care doctor secretary said I have to go to the pulmonologist. I have a feeling what I want to have done in tests, but seems I have to go to all theese appointments.
You are right, it need to be a night study with EEG. Right?
Yes, perhaps something some how got disturbed in the brain during the aneurysm repair. I had Endovascular Embolization with stent done.to the aneurysm. It did trigger a CVA.
It was after that procedure all the neuropathy started, and got worse and worse. But I do not understand the conection.
And for months I have had this seizure like episodes.
I will have to get a special neurologist like you said. The script for EEG, I will not have it, I will wait until I can get the right procedure ordered.

The visual sensation you mentioned, is similar to mine. It happened 3 times. It was a zigzag bright light ring in my visual field, that lasted 30 minutes. Very bright, I could see through it. I saw a neuro optomologist. He said this was a Aura to Migrane.
My aneurysm was just behind the left optic nerve. and the pulsating aneurysm might have triggered it.
All the doctors have not been able to find out why I have the neuropathy. except likely the vasculitis.
Our brain is a delicate creation, so I guess, any thing can happen. I have known all this time that something was wrong, I could feel it.
I will make sure I get those tests you mentioned.
I am sorry to hear that you have had so many seizures. Does it happen any time during the day or night? I am almost scared to go to sleep now. Some nights, after having had one of those episodes, I just stayed up for the rest of the night. I usually get it around 1 am and 3 am.
I got an advise that it could be triggered by hypoxia, you told me that, and anotheer person told me that too.
Take care
Synnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote