View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default I thought that I had turned off my DBS ...

On both sides, but when I went to my Neuro. today, I found out I had only turned off the left side. We ( my Neurologist and I) both learned from this error. We Learned that when I had turned off the Left side, my emotional state went from extremely depressed to bouncing off the walls. My Psychiatrist lowered my Fluoxetine from 4 to 2 and increase my Clonazepam by 1 as needed for anxiety as I was experiencing more anxiety.

We also discovered that turning off my left side battery, I was experiencing severe axial dystonia. Some mornings I would wake up unable to move due to this dystonia. I was also experiencing severe dystonia in both legs and a very painful stiff neck.

Why did I place this post in this thread? The Deep Brain Stimulater did what I hoped it would do. Allow me to take smaller doses of Sinemet. It cut my dose by 2/3rds. I have been on the same dose of Sinemet for 9 years. My Neurologist and I are working together to find answers. The next time I see him in 2 weeks we plan to turn off the Right side and observe what effect it will have.

I do not have Ideopathic Parkinson disease, My disease is Parlysis Agitans as I have 2 Parkin gene mutations. Which has different symptoms than the general or Ideopathic type. Will enjoy comparing notes with I Got It 2.

Sharing with my friends,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
I_Got_it_2 (07-21-2013)