View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

FINALLY! so happy for you and with such an awesome doc. Everything I hear about Dr D just keeps getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
Hi friends ,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update, gotta keep it short for now. Surgery went well, everything was removed: first rib, Extra rib (finally), and a brachial plexus neuroplasty. Dr. D said I had A LOT of scar tissue he removed, some attaching from my middle scalene muscle or what was left of it, to my extra or first rib (cant recall right now sorry drugged up lol). He also called me Monday before I came here to see how I was feeling and also to thoroughly review my CAT Scan results showing narrowing of my subclavian artery on both my right and left sides. Anyway, I am doing ok for now I had a real hard time sleeping last night from the excruciating pain where my ribs where and also due to my long thoracic nerve injury from before. Dr.D still says it will take me 12 to 18 months to recover being that it is a redo but he pleased with the outcome so far (although it's pretty early to tell). Most of my pain is surgical at the moment.

Oh yeah, and I need to mention how pleased and impressed I am with not just Dr. D but his entire team of staff, they are all WONDERFUL and so very caring!

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
parbie (07-20-2013)