View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kathie

I have not up until now had symptoms or been on medication since January.

I have gradually gone back to my old life after approx 5 years of spreading and reaching a peak in severity.

Whilst on holiday a couple of weeks ago I decided to video myself for my own records walking up 60 steps whilst talking at the same time. I also managed a 45 minute water aerobics class in the midday sun. All was fine, until the temperatures reached into the 90´s.

Then without any warning at all, all the muscles that were previously affected became mildly myasthenic again - including the newer ones! I was surprised how after all this time they all remembered what to do! (deltoids, hands, eyes, breathing, swallowing - needing to bend chin down to get it down - things sliding down the esophagus totally uninvited or way too early - trying to get into the windpipe and as though swallowing muscles just lost their timing and completely forgot how to coordinate together)

After one week of cooling (that means temperatures in the high 50´s where I live normally) things are easing up now. I am able to open my own sodas and type freely again on a keyboard. I expect that the trouble holding the steering wheel of the car yesterday will also ease up pretty soon.

Admittedly this was mild compared to the grotesque effects heat had on me when myasthenia was at its worst a few years ago. But the heat certainly took me completely by surprise this time round.

I won´t be complaining about our climate again in a hurry.......

Stay cool

Anacrusis

(suspected MG diagnosis)
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-21-2013), Online User (07-20-2013)