View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default root canal 48 hours ago, infected now

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
Well until the tooth is extracted, the infection will always be present. The root canal takes out the middle of the tooth, including the blood supply. There are millions of miles of microscopic canals they can't clean out, and then once you remove the blood supply antibiotics can't get to the infected areas-so they patiently wait to cause pain until the worst possible moment, while keeping your immune system working overtime. The tooth will eventually be lost anyway-outside the infection. In addition to the infection, root canal teeth are very, very brittle and crack easily.

Dentists usually won't admit this until asked. I can say I regret having my root canals done-and I've had too many. Only you can decide what is right for you, but I would make sure you have a plan if you go extractions-will you do implants, a partial denture, etc.
socasusie, Thanks for the reply. I haven't replied back till now because I have been trying to get my head clear. I'm trying to remain calm so I can think straight. Like most others here, I have a history getting to this point and am wearing out emotionally. I know I need to make a decision, and soon.

Thanks again, Sally
nowwhat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote