Thread: Taking Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I occasionally use 1-2 pills more or less in a day depending how I am feeling. BUT i could never take less than 3 pills a day. I especially need those 3 doses scheduled around my 3 main meals to avoid swallowing issues. My doctor has me on 4 - 60 mg and 180 slow release at night. He does not promote flexibility although I think I need some.

I have eliminated the 180 at night and seen improvement in my Crohn symptoms, but some more breathing issues. I think I need 60 every 2.5 hours to eliminate the rollercoaster ride. I am going to ask the neuro on Wednesday. I am going to try just a 60 mg at night also.

I was out in the heat for 1 hr today and was short of breath for 3 hours.
Thank God the thunderstorms have started and the heat will begin to break. I am going to try some gardening tomorrow. I am tired of looking at the weeds in my flower beds.

Mestinon has a short life in your system. There really is not a build up in your body so I do not think starting and stopping is a big issue as long as you pay careful attention to what your body is telling you and keep pills handy if issues arrive.

good luck
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
joefnh (07-20-2013)