View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone and I agree we have to keep moving. I've got to figure out something for the myofascial aspect of this. I am 9 months post op and feel like I am losing range of motion in my neck turning towards the surgery side. It just hurts so I turn my entire upper body instead which I know is not good.

I am by no means an expert but I almost wish the doctor had just removed my rib and skipped the scalene removal. That's where I think I have built up scar tissue and it is causing me problems. There have been a lot of surgeries in that same general area with two fusions and another neck surgery. My neck muscles are atrophied on that side but massaging them around too much causes serious flares.

If anyone has anything on very gentle myofascial release of a compromised neck please let me know. I am stretching my shoulders with a pole every day as I have found things get worse when I skip this and they start losing range of motion. I have experienced a severely frozen shoulder as part of all this but find I can keep that at bay by stretching them daily.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote