View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's actually cooler!!!!! Hooray!!!! Still humid though and barometric pressure is definitely falling, my bones are aching. Darn weather! I would like to request a nice warm 24*C and sunshine with scattered clouds. Thank you. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina55 View Post
This is what I dislike about CRPS... it is never happy. lol I am really bad during the winter. The cold is really hard on me, so I thought summer will be better. But no not really. If my leg is in the direct sun for more than 5 minutes it looks like I have a super bad sun burn and feels like someone has a hot iron pushed on it. It is really hard to keep my body temperature right too. I think it is because of going from hot (outside) to cold (A/C) all the time.

I do have a quick question though for all of you... My foot/ankle and sometimes my leg and especially my toes will sometimes get sooooo ICE COLD! and I can't get them to warm up no matter what I do. Sometimes they still feel like they are burning and other times it feels like they are getting frostbite on them they hurt so bad. I was just curious if anyone else has felt anything like that? And what you have done for it?
I get the deep arctic cold thing sometimes...only thing that helps is sitting with the cold limb wrapped in a warm blanket for half an hour or so, it does eventually warm up. It's odd because moving around doesn't seem to help the cold when it's like that. I find direct warmth can work if that doesn't - I have a small kind of electric blanket thing that I use on its lowest setting for ten mins or so. Just make sure it isn't in direct contact with your skin.

A/C is a CRPS killer, I hate going round the chilled section in the supermarket because that chilled air makes me hurt a lot. Grr. Very wasteful on energy too, they should use fridges with doors!! It's not rocket science....

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Angelina55 (07-21-2013)