View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bny806, I am doing well on the Dap, but it has not made me perfect. My muscles are much stronger for longer periods, but I still have the swallowing issues along with breathing problems and occasional drops in blood pressure when rising. Definite improvement. I tried to get plasmapheresis again to get my swallowing and breathing improvement, but had issues with doctors office staff not following through, so on an emergent basis, my Dap doctor ordered a high dose of Ivig for two days, June 26-27. I contracted aseptic meningitis from it, but after I recovered from that, I started getting results from the Ivig. Swallowing has improved somewhat, energy levels are higher. Even though I am not normal at the moment, it is acceptable. Still can't stand very long, but much longer than before. I have been able to engage in some of the activities that I had all but given up
My local neuro does not want me to have Ivig again because of the meningitis, and from the way my Dap Dr. talked,I don't think he is wanting to do it either.

So, since subcutaneous is not supposed to cause the same reaction, I thought it may be a possibility in my case, but wanted to get more firsthand user info before I ask about it.
I have been switched to another nephrologist to oversee plasmapheresis, but don't see him until the 25th, so wanted to have a backup plan in case I get in trouble before plasmapheresis is available again. Thank you all for your input.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-21-2013)