View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi dr teeth,

You could be getting throbbing from the extraction site if there is a infection brewing from a granulomatous cyst (from the original infection) and/or a sinus infection. Did you have a dental cone scan or a routine ct scan? The scan needs to be modified for dental only.

You wrote...<<<<Yes, I have had regular dental care since this happened last year. But I had allowed the dental visits to lapse before that, which is why I'm in this situation now. As for the periodontal disease, there hasn't been any specific treatment for it, other than the root canals.>>>

ROOT CANALS ARE NOT DONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE PERIODONTAL DISEASE. DID YOUR DENTIST TELL YOU THAT? ROOT CANALS ARE DONE TO ALLOW A PATIENT TO TEMPORARY RETAIN THEIR INFECTED TOOTH $$$$. I KNOW THAT SOUNDS HARSH BUT IT IS 100% FACT. TEETH THAT HAVE SEVERE GUM RECESSION CAN BE VERY SENSITIVE. SOME DENTISTS WILL TELL THEIR PATIENTS TO HAVE THESE TEETH ROOT CANALED SO THEY ARE NO LONGER SENSITIVE. THE HUGE PROBLEM WITH THAT IDEA IS THAT THE HEALTHY TOOTH THEN BECOMES UNHEALTHY AND THE BONE NOW STARTS TO BECOME DECREPIT FROM THE SICK TOOTH. THE ALTERNATIVE TO ROOT CANALING THESE GUM DEPRIVED TEETH IS TO PLACE TOOTH COLORED FILLINGS ACROSS THE AREAS THAT ARE EXPOSED AND SENSITIVE.

<<< All I know is that my x-rays from a few months ago looked a LOT better than the x-rays taken before the root canal work was done.>>>

THE THIS MEAN THE XRAYS LOOK WORSE SINCE THE ROOT CANALS WERE DONE?

<<<The periodontal disease hasn't been discussed since, which had led me to believe it was resolved.>>>

PERIODONTAL DISEASE IS NEVER CURED. IT CAN BE BROUGHT UNDER CONTROL BUT NOT CURED. DO YOU HAVE DEEP POCKET READINGS OVER 3 MM'S? DO YOUR GUMS EVER BLEED AT ALL? ARE YOUR GUMS PUFFY AND/OR RED? DO YOU HAVE BAD BREATH?

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote