View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
You could be getting throbbing from the extraction site if there is a infection brewing from a granulomatous cyst (from the original infection) and/or a sinus infection. Did you have a dental cone scan or a routine ct scan? The scan needs to be modified for dental only.
I asked if it was a specific dental scan the day I was in the hospital, and was told that it was mouth, jaws and bone structure. The oral surgeon said that the scan showed inflammation in both sinuses, but was otherwise ok. The scan report said that all was normal apart from sinus inflammation.

Quote:
ROOT CANALS ARE NOT DONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE PERIODONTAL DISEASE. DID YOUR DENTIST TELL YOU THAT?
No, I was told that both teeth were probably dead due to periodontal disease. The endodontist tested both teeth (#24, #25) for cold sensitivity and I felt nothing. I was told that both teeth were dead and needed root canal treatment to be retained.

Quote:
THE THIS MEAN THE XRAYS LOOK WORSE SINCE THE ROOT CANALS WERE DONE?
No, the x-rays looked much better several months after the root canals were done, and I was told that the bone had regenerated very well.

Quote:
DO YOU HAVE DEEP POCKET READINGS OVER 3 MM'S? DO YOUR GUMS EVER BLEED AT ALL? ARE YOUR GUMS PUFFY AND/OR RED? DO YOU HAVE BAD BREATH?
I haven't had any deep pocket readings done. Gums don't bleed, not puffy or red, and I don't have bad breath.

I have an appointment with my dentist and oral surgeon tomorrow. I will be asking my dentist for a written referral to the surgeon for both RC teeth to be extracted, and what my replacement options are. Would you agree with this? Do you have any advice as to what else I should be asking?

Thanks again for all your help with this, Bryanna!
dr teeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote