Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Tensailswin,

Just a side note..... at the "young" age of 51 it is truly wise to always take in to consideration your overall health anytime you are dealing with a situation in which you have the choice of staying "status quo for who knows how long" or "being pro active to avoid an inevitable problem".
Looking down the road.... loosing a couple of teeth to infection is sure better than loosing several teeth to that same infection.

Removing teeth is never an easy decision.... just one that concerns your overall well being.

You are welcome for the information .... come back any time!

Bryanna

QUOTE=Tensailswim;1001488]Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your advice and information. I also wondered about a bridge. The two lower teeth that need to go are the middle/front ones. The ones adjacent to them seem to be ok. You have helped me to narrow down my best options to a bridge or as a last resort, a partial denture for the lower front teeth. I never imagined even considering dentures at 51, but I am thinking long-term. I don't want to sit in the dental chair over and over for these two teeth for the rest of my life. And, I DON'T want to go through braces again!

Thanks again for your help!
[/QUOTE]

Having had a partial permanent bridge with my three upper front teeth since my 20's; was not much of a choice. I was ten years old when my tooth came in decayed; eventually drilled off and root canal, screw into root and a tooth added. As I say; at the tender age of ten. By my early 20's the root and all needed to be removed thereby causing a permanent three teeth bridge (the two on either side holding a tooth in the missing space.

Unfortuantely, during the years all my teeth eventually becamed crowned. As of last week, the dentist had to remove one of the crowns because of decay under it. The decay goes to the pulp as well. My dentist put in a temporary but will have to make a decision in the next few weeks. The dentist gave me a few options; but didn't think it a good idea to replace the crown because bone loss and also would need a root canal. This tooth is two teeth from upper left canine tooth. One of the suggestions is removing the tooth and replacing with a three teeth permanent bridge, which would mean repalcing new crowns on either side of missing (removed) tooth.

Tensail , having a permanent lower front bottom bridge would not really be of much discomfort; of course, once the work is finished.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 07-21-2013 at 09:18 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (07-22-2013)