View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so glad that it seemed to have worked some, despite the aspetic meningitis.... THey initially told me I couldn't have it again either.. and I had meningitis bad (i had 103 temp and walking killed my spine from tailbone to brain)... but my main neuro said it was fine to get it again.. I've had meningitis twice since, but milder.. and everytime its completely dependent on the rate... Do you know what rate they infused you? I coiuldn't go above 70, for almost a year.... if we went any higher - the chest pain would start and then I would start spiking a temp.. it was the strangest thing... so it would take 9 or so hours to infuse.. BUT i wouldn't get meninigitis, so I just had to let my bum hurt from sitting that long on it each time!!

Now, almost 2 years later we can get up to 100 on my rate.. .. are they, and you, open to seeing if going at a super low rate plus extra hydration may do the trick? For me when I get meningitis the IVIG doesn't seem as affected as well.. so to not feel bad from that plus the benifits of IVIG is nice..

Do your muscles tremble when they are tired? Mine do! from face to legs.. glad your doing better.. hope they figure something out for you!!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote