View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default root canal 48 hours ago, infected now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Sally,

Sorry your post got lost.... don't you just hate when that happens!! Argh!!

I do understand how scary and emotionally upsetting tooth problems can be for most people. It is like the last thing on our list that we want to deal with! If it is any consolation to you... your situation is so very common. Not that that lightens the intensity for you..... I just did not want you to feel alone in dealing with this.

My suggestion would be to write down your questions/concerns that are popping into your head and then just post that list here. I try to check in every day.

Don't panic..... stay focused and believe me you will get through this okay.

Bryanna
socasusie & Bryanna,

I am so touched at your thoughtfulness & kind words of encouragement! I live alone and really don't have anyone to bounch things off of, let alone get advice on dental issues. I'm having to fight back tears right now because I have someone to talk to about this. The ironic thing is, I can't talk (sensibly) about it at this time. I have to wait till I feel I can handle it to even think about it. I'm not all spastic over this or anything like that, but I don't want to be either. Can't afford that, so I am working real hard to remain relatively calm. Sad thing though, I fear I need to get decisions made very soon, like in days rather than weeks, & I know myself it will be more like months.

I really need to get some questions answered but don't know where to begin. Hopefully, I'll have some clarity soon and can get a list of questions/comments made up. I will say now that I am seriously considering upper dentures due to condition of teeth. Last dentist wants to canal/crown most of the uppers. (to the tune of $8000). I just feet it is maybe too late for 4 or 5 of them to last as long as I will. When any of them fail there will be no way for a bridge. (Of course there is the infection issue also)! Then were will I be== Pretty old to be getting all my teeth pulled & too broke. I am 64 years old & living on SSDI for Fibromyalgia. My savings may or may not be enough to see me till the end. I know you need more info on the rest of my teeth, but that seems to be what I can't get into just yet.

I'll get back as soon as I can. By the way is there such a thing as timing out here? Could that be why my post failed?
nowwhat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote