View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It’s friggin hot as hell in Denver today at 38*C / 100*F omg! This is ridiculously HOT for Denver. I moved here some 18 years ago and no one, and I do mean no one had an A/C because it never got warm enough to justify it. Now everyone I know has some type of cooling device. Denver should be around 85*F / 29*C ish. My electric bill this last month was as ridiculous as the hot temps! I am looking forward to fall where it’s a lovely 75*F / 23*C for several months with almost 0 humidity, and much lower utility bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina55 View Post
I do have a quick question though for all of you... My foot/ankle and sometimes my leg and especially my toes will sometimes get sooooo ICE COLD! and I can't get them to warm up no matter what I do. Sometimes they still feel like they are burning and other times it feels like they are getting frostbite on them they hurt so bad. I was just curious if anyone else has felt anything like that? And what you have done for it?

Ice cold feet, yes it’s like hyperthermia! I have noticed that if I will (as I call it) get off myself, meaning lay down, put socks on, and feet under blankets it usually helps. From what I’ve read the blood is sacrificed by the body in the limbs to keep blood flowing to your core. So I THINK the laying down part makes it easier to get blood flowing to the extremities.

I am the only person I know wearing socks in the summertime. I have gone so far as to have just recently got something called Little Hotties . I have not used them yet, but have them bedside for the next bad episode. I will try and remember to let you know how that works out. Since I have CRPS all over, I have the same problem with my hands and forearms too. I can just see myself with Little Hotties with socks and gloves and it’s 100* outside. Ug!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Angelina55 (07-23-2013), Brambledog (07-22-2013)